Chaga Supplements Can Fight Against Viruses
Chaga mushroom is one of the most popular types of medicinal mushrooms. It grows on birch trees located throughout cold climates including Russia, Siberia, and Canada. This mushroom looks similar to burnt charcoal and has a notable orange-colored tissue.
This herb is loaded with numerous health benefits. Scientists have discovered its many positive effects on our health. It is considered as having one of the highest ORAC scores or Oxygen Radical Absorbent Capacity. A higher score means that it can protect the body better against free radical damage.
Chaga or inonotus obliquus is one of the best sources of powerful antioxidants and has an ORAC score of 146,700. With the increasing awareness of the potential health benefits of chaga, scientists and researchers continue to study this medicinal mushroom.
So, why do people take chaga supplements? Chaga supplements offer many potential benefits. It is known to help manage various health conditions including diabetes, stomach pain, liver, lung, and heart disease as well as specific types of cancer.
The 8 in 1 Immunity Booster supplement is formulated with chaga mushrooms and is effective in easing your breathing and cleansing your body of un-wanted waste. Maintaining a healthy, clear, and well-functioning immune system is important for your overall health. The Vita Activate Chaga promotes and supports your over all health.
Nutritional Facts of Chaga Mushroom
Chaga is a type of fungus that is popularly known for its impressive antioxidant properties. In addition, chaga is also low in calories, high in fiber, and does not contain sugar, fat, and carbohydrates.
The nutritional content of five grams of chaga includes the following:
- Zero fat
- Zero carbs
- Zero sugar
- One gram of protein
- Five grams of fiber
- Five calories
7 Benefits of Chaga Mushroom
Recognized as a superfood – As a nutrient-dense superfood, chaga is rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients including the following:
- Vitamin D
- B-complex vitamins
- Amino acids
- Boosts the immune system – Chaga mushrooms help boost the immune system by stimulating the production of immune cells particularly the T lymphocytes and interleukin. Both substances work by regulating the immune system to help fight virus and bacteria which causes various types of diseases. According to research chaga has the ability to stimulate the spleen lymphocytes which significantly benefits the immune function.
- Delays the aging process – One of the factors that speed up the symptoms of aging including sagging skin, gray hair, wrinkles, and fine lines is due to oxidative stress. Other factors that promote skin aging are due to sun exposure and environmental pollution.
The presence of too much free radicals makes it hard for the body to neutralize. As a result, it accelerates the skin’s aging process. Hence, supplying the body with powerful antioxidants can potentially delay the process of skin aging as well as reverse the symptoms of aging. This makes chaga mushroom supplements popular among individuals who want to maintain a youthful and radiant looking skin.
3. Anti-viral properties – Chaga is known to have anti-viral effects. According to research, chaga’s anti-viral properties are used to treat type one HIV and hepatitis C virus.
Chaga can dramatically decrease the infective properties of the hepa C virus. Hence, chaga mushroom is used by doctors to treat various health conditions mainly due to its anti-viral properties and prevent Corona Virus.
4. Reduces blood pressure and cholesterol – Chaga mushrooms are loaded with antioxidants that can lower the LDL or bad cholesterol in the body. People with high cholesterol have a higher risk of contracting heart disease. Hence, a lot of people resort to this ingredient to help promote and maintain a healthy cardiovascular disease.
Meanwhile, individuals suffering from high blood pressure can also benefit from chaga mushrooms because it can significantly reduce blood pressure and fight oxidative stress. People with high blood pressure have a higher risk of developing stroke, heart attack, and other types of health problems.
5. Reduces inflammation – Chaga mushrooms have the ability to reduce inflammation in the body thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. It can suppress the chemical mediators of inflammation which are responsible for the intense inflammation.
Inflammation can lead to various types of autoimmune disease as well as chronic problems including rheumatoid arthritis. This natural herb also helps regulate the cytokine production which helps control the inflammation.
6. Manages cancer treatment – Based on studies and research, Chaga mushrooms are discovered to have the ability to inhibit cancer growth. It is believed to be effective in reducing the growth and spread of tumor cells in various parts of the body. Research also shows that this fungus can prevent the growth of cancer cells in the liver making it an effective ingredient in the treatment of liver cancer.
The antioxidants found in Chaga also prevent cell damage which is caused by free radicals. Once the body lacks antioxidants, oxidative stress starts to develop which can also lead to various health diseases including cancer. Chaga also poses no threat to healthy cells unlike other types of cancer treatment. The promising results of chaga mushroom make it a sought-after natural food remedy.
7. Lowers the blood sugar levels – Chaga is also used by diabetics to manage the symptoms of diabetes. Studies show that this natural food can significantly helps lower blood sugar. Therefore, chaga may help treat diabetes more effectively compared to other natural remedies.
What to Look for in a Supplement
Chaga supplements come in various forms including tea, tincture, powder, and capsule form. Here are some of the factors you need to look for before purchasing a chaga supplement.
Read the label first – Before buying anything, you should always make sure you read the label first. The more information you get, the better you will understand what you’re getting into. Look for the scientific name of the product as well as the place of origin. Take a look at the list of ingredients and see if there are unfamiliar items on the list.
Observe the color of the product – If you are planning on buying the powder form, the color may range from bright orange to dark brown. In essence, the darker colored powders mean that the chaga mushroom wasn’t peeled before it was pulverized. How does it affect you?
The blackened skin of the chaga mushroom may appear more toxic to the cells. Hence, it’s safer to go for the lighter colored powder.
Choose organically produced supplements – In general, natural supplements have a higher risk of contamination. To avoid this, make sure you go for brands that are organically produced. This also means that you should stay away from supplements mixed with additional ingredients and unwanted chemicals.
Make Chaga Mushrooms Part of Your Diet
For many centuries, chaga mushroom has been continuously used by people all over the world thanks to its numerous health and medicinal benefits. Whether it is used in tea or capsule form, chaga mushroom continues to be one of the most widely used medicinal mushrooms.
Based from the list of health benefits we mentioned above such as improving your immune system, lowering blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure as well as reducing inflammation, it’s no wonder manufacturers continue to produce chaga supplements and make it readily available to health-conscious consumers.