Common Symptoms and Causes of Stomach Ulcers
It has been observed that when we fall sick for some reason or the other, our body starts to react in an adverse manner. It does not function properly and send many signals before the problem actually is diagnosed. If we don’t pay attention to the problem at the right time, we will have to face the consequences. Stomach ulcer is one of the diseases, which needs proper care and attention. It is important to know about this disease, its symptoms and some reasons..
Stomach ulcers are also known as gastric ulcers. They are also referred to as peptic ulcer disease and may cause pain in the stomach and small intestine. These ulcers are completely curable if the problem is diagnosed and treatment is given at the right time. Some of the symptoms of stomach ulcers are mentioned below:
- The most common symptom of stomach ulcer is the burning sensation in the stomach.
- You may also feel pain in the stomach anywhere between breastbone and belly button.
- The weight may increase due to the bloating.
- Acid reflux is quite common which results in frequent burping.
- You may also experience pain after 2-3 hours of eating food or in the midnight.
- The person may feel full all the time and show less interest in eating.
- Blood in stool is also an indication of stomach ulcers.
- The pain gets worse after eating and drinking.
Causes of stomach ulcers
Majorly, stomach ulcers occur due to following reasons:
- The lifestyle of a person has great impact on the stomach health. Too much alcohol and spicy food give rise to this problem.
- The prolonged use of certain medicines also causes this disease.
- It has been observed that smoking may also cause this problem and even makes the treatment less effective.